Turn the Loyal Copilot into Adorable Wookiee CookiesEmail to Yourself or a Friend
Paid partnership with SOLO® Cup.
There’s nothing your little one would love more than a Star Wars–themed party. And what’s a kids party without cookies?! Combine them to make the best party treat around—cookies inspired by the one and only Chewbacca.
Image Source: Disney Family
Just in time for Solo: A Star Wars Story out May 25, bake these treats then have your kiddo help out in the kitchen decorating the legendary Wookiee warrior. Use your favorite gingerbread cookie recipe and add extra details with icing to create the most loyal copilot in the galaxy for your epic Star Wars party.
Image Source: Disney Family
PREP: 45 Min
COOK: 30 Min
- 2 3/4 Cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 1/4 Tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp baking soda
- 1/4 Tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 Cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 Cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- Gingerbread man cookie cutter
- 1 Cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 Tbsp water
- Zip-top or pastry bags
- 1 Cup dark chocolate chips
- White icing
- White pearl sprinkles
All cutting should be done by an adult.
- Heat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves, and salt.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and granulated sugar until smooth. Add the molasses and egg, and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated. Shape into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/4” thick. Using cookie cutters, cut into shapes. Then place on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Use a fork to create texture on the arms and legs of the cookie.
- Bake until firm, about 10-12 minutes. Cool slightly on baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place confectioners’ sugar in a small bowl, then gradually whisk in water until a thick icing forms. Transfer to a resealable or pastry bag and snip a small hole in one corner. Decorate cookies to create the design and let set.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 10-second increments, stirring each time until the chocolate is melted.
- Transfer to a plastic bag and draw on the eyes, nose, and bandolier.
- Transfer white icing to a plastic bag and add mouth.
- Place white pearl sprinkles on bandolier.
- Set aside to cool. To speed the process along, you may place cookies in the fridge.
- To serve at your Star Wars party, add the cookies to festive plates, like these SOLO® AnyDay Paper Plates.
SOLO® Cup is happy to be your partner in crime for every gathering of food, fun, and friendship! Take your SOLObrations to the next level and visit solobration.com/starwars to enter for a chance to win prizes in the EPIC SOLObration Sweeps. You could win a trip for four to LA for the premiere of Solo: A Star Wars Story (enter now through 4/30/18) or receive a SOLO Party Pack (one drawing each week) with Fandango movie tickets (enter now through 6/30/18). Official Rules at SOLOCup.com. No Purchase Necessary. US 21+ only.