Enter the Epic
for the chance to win a SOLO Party Pack
Enter for the chance to win a with Fandango movie tickets (ends 6/30/18).*
No Purchase Necessary. US 21+ only.
Solobration Party Pack
One winner will be chosen weekly from a random drawing of all existing entries. Each winner will receive a SOLO Party Pack with movie tickets from Fandango. You must enter April 20—June 30, 2018, for a chance to win.
2018 SOLO CUP ‘EPIC SOLOBRATION’ SWEEPSTAKES
Enter the sweepstakes at SOLOCup.com and be entered for the chance to win the following prizes:
- WORLD PREMIERE EXPERIENCE: A trip for four to Los Angeles for the red carpet premiere of “SOLO: A Star Wars Story” (the “Picture”). You must enter April 20–30, 2018 for a chance to win.
- SOLOBRATION PARTY PACK: A weekly drawing of all existing entries will occur, and one winner from each drawing will receive a SOLO Party Pack with movie tickets from Fandango, You must enter April 20–June 30, 2018 for a chance to win.
Participation in and submission of an entry to the SOLO CUP EPIC SOLOBRATION Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) constitutes your agreement to be bound by these Official Rules (the “Official Rules”). WORLD PREMIERE EXPERIENCE WILL BE HELD ON A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN MAY 2018 IN THE LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA AREA. **WINNERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TAXES**
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO WIN OR ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS AND A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN ONLINE.
1. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes commences at 12:01 AM Central Standard Time (“CST”) on Friday, April 20, 2018 and ends at 11:59 PM CST on Saturday, June 30, 2018 (“Sweepstakes Period”). This Sweepstakes consists of one (1) grand prize drawing and ten (10) weekly drawings, as follows:
Grand Prize Drawing: Entries received during the period from 12:01 AM Central Standard Time CST on Friday, April 20, 2018, to 11:59 PM CST on Monday, April 30, 2018 (“Grand Prize Sweepstakes Period”) will be entered into a grand prize drawing for the chance to win a trip to the premiere of the Picture (“Grand Prize”). In order to be entered into the Grand Prize drawing, entries must be received by 11:59 PM CST on April 30, 2018. Entries received after the expiration of the Grand Prize Sweepstakes Period will be entered into the Weekly Prize Drawings.
Weekly Prize Drawings: Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period will be entered into the weekly drawings for the chance to win a party pack (“Party Pack(s)”). For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “Week” is defined as one, seven-day period beginning on Friday at 12:01 AM CST and ending on Thursday at 11:59 PM CST, except for the last Week, which will be extended to end on Saturday, June 30, 2018. Entries must be received by 11:59 PM CST on April 26, May 3, May 10, May 17, May 24, May 31, June 7, June 14, June 21 and June 30, 2018, respectively, in order to be eligible for that week’s Weekly Prize Drawing. Entries from each Week will be included in all upcoming Weekly Prize Drawings. Entries received during the Grand Prize Sweepstakes Period will be included in the Grand Prize Drawing, as well as Weekly Prize Drawings. Entrants are eligible to win both the Grand Prize and one (1) Party Pack.
Entries received past the expiration of the Sweepstakes Period will not be accepted and will be destroyed.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by the SOLO Cup brand, a brand of Dart Container Corporation (“Sponsor”).
3. Eligibility: Open only to living individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older (or the age of majority in their state of legal residence, whichever is older) as of the commencement of the Sweepstakes Period. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES, AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
Eligibility does not include: Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor or ABC, Inc. d/b/a Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures (“Disney”) and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, members, affiliates, advertising, promotion and web design agencies, and their respective affiliates, assigns or representatives; and any other individuals or entities associated with the development, administration, promotion, advertising, execution of, or supply to this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”); and family members (including spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) or persons living in the same household as such individuals, whether related or not, are not eligible to participate or win. Participation in this Sweepstakes constitutes your agreement to be bound by these Official Rules. Disney is not responsible for the collection, submission or processing of entries, the administration of the Sweepstakes or selection of winners.
4. How to Enter (Website Sweepstakes): Complete and submit the EPIC SOLOBRATION entry form on SOLOCup.com by filling out the requested information, including name and email address, electronically agree and accept these Official Rules and click the “SUBMIT” button; (each an “Entry”, collectively the “Entries”). For any Entry that does not meet the above requirements, such Entry may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
One (1) Entry is allowed per person for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any participant who attempts to participate with multiple e-mail and/or street addresses, under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times in violation of applicable Entry limitations or attempts to enter via unauthorized access to accounts may be disqualified. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar Entry methods or agents will void all Entries made by, or associated with, the applicable participant. In the event of a dispute over who submitted an Entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail account provided in connection with the Entry, as of the actual time of Entry, will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, education, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. In the event of a dispute about the identity of a participant, Sponsor may require that the potential winner provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address and/or password associated with the Entry.
Proof of submission of an Entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes. Once submitted, Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. With submission of Entry, the participant will receive a confirmation email offering the participant an opportunity to opt-in for promotional or marketing-related emails from Sponsor. If the participant opts in for such promotional or marketing related emails from Sponsor, he or she may opt out of receiving subsequent marketing communications from Sponsor by unsubscribing using the link on any email received from Sponsor, or by replying to an email received from Sponsor and putting the word “unsubscribe” in the subject or body of the email. By entering the Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Winning a Grand Prize and/or a Party Pack (collectively referred to herein as a “Prize(s)”) is contingent upon fulfilling all of the requirements in these Official Rules.
5. Random Drawings/Odds of Winning: A random drawing will be conducted after April 30, 2018 by Sponsor to select the Grand Prize winner. The odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Grand Prize Sweepstakes Period.
Additionally, following the end of each Week during the Sweepstakes Period, a random drawing will be conducted from all Entries received during that Week and the previous Sweepstakes Period Weeks prior to the drawing (if applicable), to select one weekly winner of the Party Pack. There will ten (10) weekly winners total (one winner each week). Weekly drawings will occur at noon on the following dates: April 27, 2018, May 4, 2018, May 11, 2018, May 18, 2018, May 25, 2018, June 1, 2018, June 8, 2018, June 15, 2018, June 22, 2018 and July 2, 2018. The odds of winning a Party Pack depends on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Week in question and any previous Sweepstakes Period Weeks (if applicable). For the avoidance of doubt, the winner of any one the weekly drawings for a Party Pack prior to the drawing for the Grand Prize is still eligible to win the drawing for the Grand Prize.
6. Grand Prize: One (1) winner will receive (a) four (4) tickets to attend the world premiere event of the Picture in the Los Angeles, California area, with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $40.00; (b) coach airfare from a major airport near the winner’s home (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) and two nights of hotel accommodations, selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion, for four (4) people (two single rooms, double occupancy) not to exceed a total of $6,000.00, with an ARV of $6,000.00 or less; and (c) a $1000 VISA gift card, with an ARV of $1000. Total ARV of the Grand Prize is $7,040 or less depending on actual cost of airfare and lodging. No per diem amount is awarded as part of the Grand Prize.
In order to receive the Grand Prize, the winner and his/her guests must be available and have the ability to attend the world premiere event of the Picture held on a to-be-determined date in May 2018 in the Los Angeles, California area, which may include the winner and his/her guests being filmed or photographed by or on behalf of Sweepstakes Entities. The guests must be aged 18 or older (or the age of majority in their state of legal residence, whichever is older).
The winner and guests must travel together on dates designated by Sponsor. Exact travel dates to be determined by Sponsor subject to availability and other restrictions. Sponsor is not responsible for flight cancellation or delay. The winner and guests are responsible for any identification, passport or other travel requirements. All expenses, incidentals and other travel costs not expressly stated in the Grand Prize description above, including, but not limited to ground transportation, baggage and handling, tips, meals, drinks, hotel fees, gratuities, incidentals, passenger tariffs/duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner and his or her guests. Actual value of the Grand Prize received may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination points.
The ARV of the Grand Prize may fluctuate and the ARV of the Grand Prize may change between the date of commencement of the Sweepstakes and the date that the Grand Prize is awarded or redeemed. The winner will not receive the difference between the ARV and the actual value of the Grand Prize.
If the winner is unable to participate in the Grand Prize during the dates set forth by Sponsor, the Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Nothing set forth herein shall be construed to require Disney to hold a movie premiere or related activities for the Picture at any particular time, or at all. In the event that the premiere event listed in the Prize description does not or cannot take place as scheduled or at all, for reasons including but not limited to scheduling conflicts, cancellations, postponement, an event of Force Majeure or for any other reason, then in lieu of attending such premiere, the winner will receive the remaining components, if any, of the Grand Prize which shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s obligation to the winner, and no other or additional compensation will be awarded.
Sponsor and/or Disney reserve the right to remove the winner and/or guests from the premiere event if either becomes disruptive, threatening or otherwise exhibit offensive behavior, as determined in Sponsor or Disney’s sole discretion. The Grand Prize does not guarantee that the winner or guests will meet or otherwise interact with the filmmakers, talent, celebrities or other VIP guests of the premiere event
Party Packs: There are ten (10) Party Packs available to be won (one (1) each Week during the Sweepstakes Period). The ARV of each Party Pack is $350. Party Pack will consist of various Solo Cup products, a t-shirt, two (2) Fandango movie tickets, and additional products as determined by Sponsor and Disney in their own discretion. Participants will not be eligible to win more than one (1) Party Pack. Exact elements of the Party Pack to be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor’s representative will ship the Party Pack to the winner after the winner has been verified and announced, and the winner shall ensure that his/her residence is accessible for the delivery of the Party Pack to a physical address (PO Boxes not acceptable, signature required) based on a confirmed date between Sponsor and the winner.
All Prizes: Total ARV of all Prizes being award is $10,540. Prizes may not be assigned, transferred, changed or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize, or any portion thereof, for one of equal or greater value if the designated Prize, or any portion thereof, should become unavailable for any reason. All Prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received.
7. Taxes: All winners shall be solely responsible for all (a) federal, state and/or local taxes, and (b) other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the receipt and use of any Prize. The Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with his or her social security number or the equivalent for receipt of the Grand Prize. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize value will be reported to the IRS and the California Franchise Tax Board by Sponsor. Prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
8. Winner Notification: Winners will be notified by e-mail and/or phone after completion of the relevant random drawing. If a notification is returned as undeliverable or a winner cannot be reached, is ineligible, or declines his or her Prize, the Prize will be awarded to another randomly-drawn Entry as the winner. Winners are subject to verification, including verification of age. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of participants. P.O. Boxes are not acceptable as mailing addresses. Awarding of a Prize is subject to verification of the winner’s eligibility and full compliance with these Official Rules.
As a condition of accepting the Grand Prize, winner must respond to Sponsor’s notification of winning within three (3) business days from the time of notification, and must: (a) execute, and cause the guests to execute, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Publicity Release document within two (2) business days from a winner’s written confirmation of winning; and (b) provide Sponsor with his/her social security number and a copy of a valid government issued photo identification along with the above mentioned Affidavit, Release of Liability, and Publicity Release documents executed by the winner and guests. Failure to execute and return these documents within the stated time period will result in forfeiture of his or her Grand Prize and an alternate winner being selected. Any unclaimed and/or unused portion of the Grand Prize will be forfeited and will not be substituted, nor will there be any refund for any unclaimed and/or unused portion of the Grand Prize.
As a condition of accepting a Party Pack, winner must respond to Sponsor’s notification of winning within three (3) business days from the time of notification. Any unclaimed and/or unused portion of the Party Pack will be forfeited and will not be substituted, nor will there be any refund for any unclaimed and/or unused portion of the Party Pack.
9. General: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
A. Sweepstakes Cancellation: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes, or any portion thereof, should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt or impair the administration, integrity or security of the Sweepstakes (including but not limited to attempts to hack into or otherwise tamper with underlying source code/programming). The Sweepstakes Entities and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, officers, directors, partners, principals, partnerships, employees or agents are not responsible for hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, traffic congestion on the Internet, lost network connections, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by technical or human error that may occur and/or that may damage a user's system or limit an participant’s ability to participate and/or redeem a Prize in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules or otherwise engages in fraudulent or offensive conduct with respect to this Sweepstakes.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANTS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
B. Waiver: Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Should any provision of these Official Rules be deemed unenforceable or invalid, the other provisions of these Official Rules shall remain in full force and effect. In the event that this Sweepstakes is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority (including but not limited to any federal or state governmental authority), Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Sweepstakes, as applicable, or to disqualify any participants residing in any affected geographic areas, as applicable. In such event, Sponsor shall have no liability to any participants who are disqualified due to such an action.
E. Release of Liability: Unless prohibited by law, by participating all participants agree that Sponsor, Disney and each of their parents, subsidiaries and affiliates and its officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (a) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or from participants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any Prize, and (b) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any Prize, including, without limitation, to such Prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Some jurisdictions do not allow such releases or indemnity, so the above may not apply to you.
F. Third Party Terms and Conditions: Prizes may be subject to additional terms, conditions and restrictions of third party providers, including but not limited to access to the Internet. You acknowledge and agree that Sponsor will not be responsible for any agreement between you and such third party providers or any content, applications or software provided by such third parties.
G. California Law: Except where prohibited, by participating each participant agrees that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and Sponsor and its agents shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue of any action with respect to the subject matter of these Official Rules will be the state courts of the State of California for Orange County or the United States District Court for the Central District of California and each of the participants of this Sweepstakes submits himself or herself to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such courts for the purpose of any such action; provided that any and all issues or disputes concerning the intellectual property of Disney and its parent and affiliates will be governed by the laws of the State of California and the venue for any related action will be in the state or federal courts located in Los Angeles County. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Sweepstakes, each participant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or awarding of the Prizes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
10. Request for Winner List and Official Rules: For Official Rules and/or the Winner List, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Consumer Product Marketing, Dart Container, Attn: EPIC SOLOBRATION Sweepstakes, 300 Tri-State International, Suite 200, Lincolnshire, IL 60069, USA. Requests for Official Rules may be submitted any time prior to 11:59 PM CST on June 30, 2018. Requests for the Winner List must be submitted within 60 days after July 2, 2018. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage on rules requests.
11. Sponsor: SOLO CUP Brand, a division of the Dart Container Corporation. Disney is not a Sponsor of the Sweepstakes and is not responsible for any obligations in connection with the Sweepstakes.
SOLO: A Star Wars Story ©2018 & TM Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks of Disney and/or its affiliates. All other marks are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.